Globalization is nothing less than exceptional at LZU. We welcomed our first international non-degree student in 2000. The pace of globalization has accelerated in recent decades, and LZU now has a strong international vision in pursuit of establishing the “Double First Class University”. Aiming to deliver an exceptional education and to make significant contributions to the society, country even the world, our extensive and ever-expanding global links have been developed to serve the goal.
LZU provides non-degree programs to international students in a large variety of disciplines. International students from partner universities of LZU enjoy a total tuition waiver on a reciprocal basis. The non-degree programs include Chinese Learning Program, Regular Courses and Arranged Tutoring.
- Chinese Language Program (CLP) : The Chinese language program, offered by School of International Cultural Exchange, offers Chinese courses to the international students who are going to learn Chinese in China. Applicants may choose courses from basic, intermediate level to advanced level based on their Chinese competence, including speaking, listening, writing, reading, and cultural and historical courses. The courses are taught both in English and Chinese.
- Regular Courses: The course are open for general visiting students. But the applicants should possess adequate Chinese competence (HSK-4+). The only English-taught course is delivered by School of Management, IMBA.
- Arranged Tutoring: It is customized for general visiting students (only English speaking applicants), and preferably for graduate students. The International Office will try to arrange each student a advisor to do assigned reading, course project, laboratory operating, etc. But there is no guarantee for credit transfer.
Except for tuition waiver, LZU also provides scholarships to support international students.
- Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS)
Applicants of CLP may apply for CIS. For detailed information, please click CIS.
- 2018-2019 China-Europe Scholarship
Applicants from the following partner universities in Europe that have signed mutual student exchange agreements with LZU are eligible to apply. The scholarship provides stipend monthly and free accommodation (double-bed).
Université Paris Diderot, France
Halmstad University, Sweden
University of Sk?vde, Sweden
University of Turin, Italy
University of Leeds, the United Kingdom
Latvia University, Latvia
Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
Lublin University of Technology, Poland
University of Cologne, Germany
Justus-Liebig-Universit?t Giessen, Germany
Trier University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- 2018-2019 China-US Scholarship
Applicants from the following partner universities in the United States that have signed mutual student exchange agreements with LZU are eligible to apply. The scholarship provides stipend monthly and free accommodation (double-bed).
Montana State University
Washington State University
Please refer to the Guide and apply Online.
Semester starting in September (Fall semester) is May 31.
Semester starting in February (Spring semester) is October 31.
Semester starting in September (Fall semester) is June 15.
Semester starting in February (Spring semester) is November 15.
Office of International Cooperation and Exchange, Lanzhou University
No. 222 South Tianshui Road, Lanzhou 730000, Gansu Province, P.R. China